|Join us for a full day of networking and industry education programming, available the day before the opening of the AWFS®Fair exhibit halls and brought to you by Woodworking Network! Choose from the CNC Bootcamp or the Closets Symposium. All symposia registrations include lunch, leadership reception, and AWFS®Fair exhibit hall registration. Registration for 2025 symposia will open in early 2025.||
Monday, July 24, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
2023 Symposia Information:
CNC Bootcamp is an intensive workshop for those who are relatively new to CNC manufacturing or looking to buy their first CNC. Moderated by Will Sampson, Editorial Director of FDMC, the day will cover selecting the right CNC machine, integrating it into your operation, choosing and using the tooling, dealing with dust collection and vacuum issues, and getting onboard with the software you need.
- Match your machine to your needs (Chris Cold, Laguna Tools): An overview of the panorama of entry-level CNC machines.
- CNC software (Ken Frye, KCD): Learn what kind of software you need to use your CNC for cabinet, closet, and similar production panel processing applications.
- Learning how to use your CNC (Stuart Kent, North Carolina Furniture School and Jim Petrin, ShopBot): Overview of all the ways to learn CNC machining, including networking, formal training, videos, and more.
- Tooling for your CNC (Mark Alster, Leitz): What does a beginner tooling setup for CNC look like? What do you need to know about feeds and speeds? What’s the difference in tooling between smaller desktop CNC units and full-size production machines?
- CNC Software – Exploring New Applications (Edward Powell, Vectric Ltd.): Using CNC for other applications that can either expand the reach of your existing CNC or offer exciting entry points into the world of CNC woodworking.
- CNC accessories (Jeff Oh, Castaly): Vacuum, dust collection, material handling, etc. This segments covers all the equipment you need to support your CNC.
- Taking the next step (Holz-Her): What’s the future of CNC in your shop? Learn what’s available when you move up to a full production-level CNC setup.
The Closets Symposium
The Closets Symposium, moderated by Michaelle Bradford, Editor of Closets & Organized Storage, will educate designers, fabricators, retailers and installers on the most current design, marketing, and business topics of relevance to these industry professionals seeking to profit from this growing and exciting market niche.
Intro 9 a.m.
Telling Your Brand Story | 10:00 am – 10:50 am
Presenter: Kelly Victor-Burke, Burke Architectural Millwork/Bespoke Closets & Organized Spaces
How to Elevate Closet Design | 11:00 am – 11:50 pm
Presenter: Katherin Lawry, Haven Closet Interiors
NETWORKING LUNCH ꞁ 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Budgeting versus Forecasting | 1:05 pm- 1:55 pm
Presenter: Tim Coleman, SCE Unlimited
Material Trends | 2:00 pm – 2:50 pm
Presenter: Christina Relyea, JB Cutting
Closet Symposium sponsored by:
Woodworking Network Leadership Reception
Introducing the Woodworking Network 40 Under 40 Class of 2023!
Monday, July 24
4:30 p.m.- 6:30 p.m.
Las Vegas Convention Center, West Hall
Registration fee: $65 plus fees
Join July 24 symposium participants to kick off the AWFS®Fair with this networking event and meet the next generation of woodworking professionals. Open to all July 24 symposium registrants (included in symposium and bootcamp registration) and all AWFS®Fair attendees with separate event registration. For those not registered for the Closets Symposium or CNC Bootcamp, the cost to attend the reception is $65 and includes 2 drink tickets.