Educators and Students
Welcome to the AWFS®Fair Experience!
July 25-28, 2023
Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV
The AWFS®Fair is one of North America’s largest trade shows for the wood products manufacturing industry, serving businesses in the residential and commercial furnishings arena – predominantly cabinet, millwork and furniture. AWFS® welcomes educators and students at the Fair to see and learn about the industry and the career opportunities it offers. Take advantage of this opportunity to view the latest technology, learn from industry experts and network with peers.
CWWK (College of Woodworking Knowledge) Educational Seminars
Information about the 2023 Educational Seminar Program will be available in Spring 2023.
ALL CWWK seminars are only $10 each, unlimited for students and teachers!
Would you like to attend the AWFS Fair but need some help covering your travel and hotel expenses?
WCA offers a travel scholarship for WCA Educator Members! Apply for the Educator Scholarship here.
SPECIAL SHOW PRICING FOR EDUCATORS AND STUDENTS
Exhibit hall entry: FREE for all qualified educators and students* in North American wood technology or related programs. International students and teachers must register as a general attendee.
Please note: No one under age 14 will be admitted to the show.
CWWK Educational Seminars: $10 each, unlimited — a drastically reduced rate. 2023 Seminar information will be published in Spring 2023.
*Verifying Teacher/Student Status
Registration may be completed in advance online, or it may be completed on-site at the AWFS Fair registration desk. The following Qualification Items are required to verify eligibility for the special Education registration rates:
- Your business card verifying woodworking-related subject matter OR
- A letter from the school on school letterhead verifying current employment as wood-related educator
- Current school identification card PLUS
- ONE of the following items:
- Official letter (on school letterhead) from teacher/school verifying wood-related coursework
- OR A copy of your current class schedule verifying wood-related coursework
- OR Registered teacher is with student at time of registration on-site (cannot pre-register with this option)
If submitting these items with advance registration (via fax, mail-in or online), submit by ONE of the following methods:
- Online, upload documentation via registration process
- Scan and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
AWFS® reserves the right to revise or modify these policies.
Students who are finalists in the Fresh Wood or the Turning to the Future competitions and their teachers DO NOT need to submit a registration form as AWFS will register this group separately.
SPECIAL ACTIVITIES AT THE SHOW
- Fresh Wood student woodworking competition – See the remarkable display of finalists from high school and post-secondary schools across North America. For full information on Fresh Wood, click here.
- AAW Turning to the Future competition – See the display at the show, high school and post secondary students enter turned projects and compete for cash prizes. Click here for complete information.
- Student Award Ceremony for Fresh Wood and Turning to the Future – open to all registered attendees and exhibitors of the AWFS® Fair!
- Networking opportunities – stay tuned for more info
For additional information, contact Adria Salvatore at AWFS at (323) 215-0311 or email@example.com